SYNC Your BlackBerry to Your PC
Manual Synchronization -
Synchronize Now is a feature of Intellisync that enables you to run the synchronization manually. The basic rundown is that you choose the data you want to synchronize and click the Synchronize Now button - that's it.
Here are the steps -
- From BDM, double-click Intellisync. - The Intellisync screen appears. The four check boxes in the Synchronize Now frame in the Intellisync screen give you the option to selectively synchronize your data. You can choose from email, PIM, add-in, and date and time.
- Select the check boxes of the data that you want to synchronize and then click the Synchronize Now button.
- Close Intellisync by clicking the Close button.
Automatic Synchronization -
After you have configured your BlackBerry to Synch with your Desktop PC, you wont have the need to reconfigure it again. For the most part the reason you open BlackBerry Desktop Manager is because you want to run Intellisync. So, opening Intellisync and clicking the Synchronize Now button are somewhat annoying. In this case, if you'd like to make Intellisync automatically run every time you connect your BlackBerry and open BDM
Here are the steps -
- From BDM, double-click Intellisync; from the Configuration screen that appears, click the Auto Start button. The Auto Start Settings screen appears, note that these are the same choices you have in the Synchronize Now frame of the main screen of Intellisync. The purpose of this screen is for you to select which of the four choices you want included to run automatically whenever BDM is launched and connected to your BlackBerry. No more double-clicking Intellisync and no more clicking the Synchronize Now button.
- At this point, you are set up to automatically synchronize for the options you selected every time your BlackBerry is connected and BDM is launched. To stop the automatic synchronization of your data, just follow these same steps. However, in Step 2, clear the option corresponding to the data for which you want to cease automatic synchronization.