Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sony Respond to Microsoft PS3 Comments

Sony's Phil Harrison has responded to comments made by Microsoft's Peter Moore saying that consumers could purchase both the Xbox 360 and the Wii for the price of the PS3.

Speaking to GamePro, Harrison responded as follows:

I think Peter Moore is exactly right. I think Nintendo will be the second system consumers purchase after PlayStation 3."

"I haven't had a chance to check out the Wii myself, but Nintendo has a great history of innovation and has always done great things for gaming and long may they do so. But as it relates to our strategy they are very much in a different market."

"I know what Peter was getting at with his price point issue but he's not comparing apples to oranges. He's not even comparing the same kind of food products at all. It's clearly a case that PlayStation 3's price is justified by PlayStation 3's value. That's what consumers base their purchasing decisions on -- value."

"What we have in addition to a great game system is a Blue Ray player, a network platform, a new controller, and HDD in every system combined in an unbelievably compelling package. And frankly I'm amazed that we can do it so cheaply."

Not really as "sharp" a response that I am sure Peter Moore would have replied with had the roles been reversed, but there you go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home