Online Flickr groups for Mac users
- Flickr allows photo submitters to categorize their images by use of keyword "tags" (a form of metadata), which allow searchers to easily find images concerning a certain topic such as place name or subject matter. Flickr provides rapid access to images tagged with the most popular keywords. Because of its support for user-generated tags, Flickr repeatedly has been cited as a prime example of effective use of folksonomy.
- Flickr also allows users to categorize their photos into "sets", or groups of photos that fall under the same heading. However, sets are more flexible than the traditional folder-based method of organizing files, as one photo can belong to many sets, or one set, or none at all.
If you browse through Flickr you will find that there are groups for every interest type - cars, dogs, cats, cities, technology, and Macs (common how could I forget that). Macworld has created a list of the hottest Flickr groups that use Macs.
- Cats Love Macs: Please don't make me explain the title.
- Apple PhotoBooth and Mac PhotoBooth: A creation of pictures that Mac users have created using Apple's PhotoBooth software.
- The Album Art Game: A place were you can show off your music collection? Take a picture of Tiger's iTunes screensaver, displaying the album art from your music library. Other Flickr members then try to indentify as many albums as possible by adding notes to the different album covers
- Macintosh: This group is for all you Mac lovers out there. There are more than 18,000 photos and almost 9,000 members. A nice group where you can show your love for your Mac.
Macs as well as Flickr has become such a huge community, it looks like as more and more people post pictures of their Macs on Flickr. We will probably see a decline in PC users.