Increase PC Performance: Enhance Windows
Delete Unwanted Files and Programs
Windows Disk Cleanup Utility keeps your hard drive free of unneeded files and programs, frees disk space, and can even speed up PC performance.
- Click Start All Programs Accessories System Tools Disk Cleanup to start the utility.
- Select the hard drive you want to clean from the pull-down menu and click OK.
- Be patient. It may take a while for Windows to scan the disk. When done, Windows displays the categories of files it deems suitable for deletion.
- Click a category to see a description of the selected files to be deleted. If you want to see a list of the individual files in a category, click View Files.
- Double-check to ensure you're not deleting any important files, especially those in the Recycle Bin.
- Click the More Options tab to remove even more files.
- When you're ready, click OK to begin the cleanup process.
There are more steps on how to keep your PC running smooth explained with pictures as well as detailed instructions.