Tuesday, February 14, 2006

All-In-One Washing Machine

This is no ordinary washing machine; it’s every man and woman’s fantasy machine. It can wash, dry, and iron clothes saving valuable time which can be used to do other tasks.

Oliver Blackwell is the designer of this product namely “WashDryIron” which is set for display at the next months Ideal Home Show. Also the University of Plymouth graduate hopes this machine will become a part of everyone’s every day life as it saves an average of 10 days a year in ironing time.

"A friend's father said he wouldn't have got married if I'd come up with this sooner," said Mr Blackwell.

The 23-year-old student's innovative idea was thought up for his final degree project.

He told BBC News: "There are thousands of exceptional students out there and I knew I had to come up with a damn good product idea to pass my finals.

The retail price for this washing machine has been set between 800 and 900 pounds but the exact amount has not been confirmed.

"There's been a huge amount of interest shown in my design, but what I really need next is for a major manufacturer to get involved with some investment to develop it further.

"It's simple, but it works and the real beauty is the ironing time it saves. I can't see many people arguing with that."

Design may be housewives' choice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home